Welcome to March! February ended before it seemingly even began, we somehow picked up a new president, a new parliament and saw the Rand drop below R12 to the dollar. That’s probably worth raising a beer to. Hell, at less than R12 to the dollar, raise two! And now, you get to win beer swag with Urban Brewing Co!
The main event, we’ve got beer and swag to give away. The catch, you need to try a beer you may not have tried before. Something you’ve always seen on the shelf at your local bottle store and thought “that looks interesting,” and then gone “but I’m just going to get my standard.” We’re looking for the adventurers, the ground breakers, those willing to try something new and different.
This inaugural craft beer and swag giveaway is sponsored by the good people over at Urban Brewing Co. You remember them, we featured their Monkey’s Paw Pilsner in Feb. So, along with a full case of the good stuff from Urban you will also win a Boulevard Brewing Company Cap and coaster, and a Dogfish Head koozie and coaster. Swag!
How to enter
- Take pic of your chosen beer – something different that you may not have tried before
- Post pic on either Twitter or Instagram and tag @barleyandhopsza
- Be sure to include the hashtag #newbrew
- If the brewery you are trying out has a Twitter or Instagram handle be sure to tag them too.
- Sit back and continue to enjoy your beer.
The competition is open for the month so you can enter as many times as you like. That means you get to try a whole lot of different beer and we’ve given you an excuse to do it. Winner will be announced on Tuesday the 3rd of April after the long Easter weekend.
So, that’s it, go forth! Find some beer, enjoy some beer and let us know about said beer!
Terms & Conditions
- Delivery only takes place within Cape Town.
- Entries must be of non-“mainstream” beers.
- Entries will only be considered if they tag @barleyandhopsza and include the hashtag #newbrew
- Judge’s decision is final and no further communication will be entered into.
- You can only win once within 6-month period
- Terms&Conditions may be updated at any time.